MethodFactory has provided managed hosting for PhoneDog since its inception and when it came time to step up their hosting infrastructure to support its growing website, portals and technology, PhoneDog trusted MethodFactory for their proven track record and reliability. Together they developed an optimal Web hosting plan and then delivered a full-range of enterprise level managed services for PhoneDog.View Site: www.phonedog.com
PhoneDog Media is an online consumer information resource for mobile telecommunication devices, services and providers. Established in 2001, phonedog.com has become the only un-biased telecom comparison site of its kind. PhoneDog reviews the latest products and services across all carriers and platforms and provides their consumers with news, reviews and tools they need to research, compare prices, and shop from a wide range of telecommunications products and services.
PhoneDog.com attracts a community of millions each month who are drawn to their valuable editorial content and video reviews that users rely on to make important decisions about their next mobile purchases. PhoneDog, LLC is privately owned and operates out of Charleston, South Carolina.
PhoneDog Media has evolved into a highly interactive online resource providing news, information and reviews regarding mobile communication devices and telecommunication plans and providers. Among its plethora of content are videos, forums, reviews and research tools. Their use of Web 2.0 funnels traffic to the site via social and media outlets like YouTube and Facebook. PhoneDog.com attracts more than 2.4 million unique visitors each month and PhoneDog videos reach an average audience of over 3 million viewers a month. Their business solely depends on the information delivered through their website.
In addition, their business model is largely supported by their online advertising partners who place ads on the site to reach the large and lucrative market that comes to PhoneDog.com to do their buying ‘homework.’
With the increase in website traffic, and the addition of rich media and other content, as well as their advertisers relying on impressions, PhoneDog needed a comprehensive hosting strategy to ensure that the site would be up and running 24/7 in a highly secured environment. The hosting platform of a website like PhoneDog.com is fundamental to its business existence and crucial to its success.
With this understanding, PhoneDog knew that it needed to hire a company that they could trust, who had technology that was reliable and secure; one that could deliver a Web hosting strategy within a budget that is affordable to a growing business.
PhoneDog has relied on MethodFactory managed hosting since its inception. When it came time to step up their hosting infrastructure to support its growing website, portals and technology, PhoneDog trusted MethodFactory for their proven track record and reliability.
MethodFactory met with PhoneDog management to determine the optimal Web hosting plan and then delivered a full-range of enterprise level managed services for PhoneDog. MethodFactory maintains server storage space in a world-class Tier one data center that is a part of a larger network of data centers strategically located throughout the Eastern United States. The secure, redundant data center space includes:
- Physical Security - motion detection, 24/7 on-site video surveillance, secured rack cages, proximity card with pin, proximity biometric (fingerprint) card
- Network Security - Managed shared firewall and intrusion detection & prevention system
- Uninterruptible Power – UPS back up, generator and fuel back up for long-term commercial outages
- Redundant/Consistent HVAC – regulates atmosphere/equipment temperatures and humidity levels
- Dedicated Internet Access - multiple internet paths out and interconnection within a private network of other data centers in other locations
- Disaster Recovery – 4-week off-site intelligent disaster recovery tape storage and optional recovery tests
- Data Protection – back-up and restoration services
MethodFactory’s managed hosting also includes:
- 24/7 server and application monitoring
- Email alerting of out-of-spec network or hardware performance
- Spam and virus protection
- Service pack & patch management
- Nightly back-up with off-site storage
- Failover automation
- 24/7 on-call support technicians