DC Shoes MethodFactory implemented Microsoft Commerce Server 2007 for DC Shoes, a division of QuikSilver known for its stylish outdoor gear. MethodFactory worked with the DC Shoes’ design team to provide a fresh new site design. The site was re-architected with the addition of new sections and navigation, makingView Site: www.dcshoes.com
DC Shoes is a division of QuikSilver known for its stylish outdoor gear. They design footware, apparel, and accessories for skateboarding, snowboarding, BMX, motorcross, rally car racing, and surfing. DC Shoes’ branding and inventive marketing drives extreme customer loyalty for men, women and children who want quality and style to be a part of their outdoor endeavors.
DC Shoes needed to upgrade their old site from an earlier version of Microsoft Commerce Server to an e-commerce platform that could scale with their growing business and keep up with the company’s progressive marketing campaigns. They also wanted to update the site to look hip and modern, matching their brand and the image associated with it. Also, a re-architecting of the site was desired to improve customers’ overall experience. Key considerations included:
- E-commerce system roadmap
- Easy integration with the company’s ERP system
- PCI compliance
- Extreme flexibility around rich content presentation (flash, streaming media, etc.)
- Dynamic discount and promotion management
MethodFactory implemented Microsoft Commerce Server and worked with the DC Shoes’ design team to provide a fresh new site design. The site was re-architected with the addition of new sections and navigation, making the site easier to use and more efficient for the visitor. Site enhancements include:
- Fresh & Modern Design - The new graphic design of the site supports the brand and improves product presentation.
- Multi-tier Order Management System Integration - Real-time integration into the company’s ERP system.
- Improved Navigation - AJAX controls provide an easy-to-use product browse experience. Users can browse products by category or perform a filtered search from any page on the site.
- Member Section - Members can now manage contact information, keep a product wish list, view account order history and manage their profile.
- Customer Loyalty Discounts - Discounts are automatically generated for customers based on buying history and other criteria.
- Online Order Tracking - The "Order Status" page lets customers see whether an order has shipped yet.